This is a region in Andor. The "two rivers" refers to the Taren River on the northern and eastern borders and the White River on the southern border. The western border is the Sand Hills. From the Sand Hills, the Westwood extends eastward. Three roads converge in the central village of Emond's Field. The Quarry Road leads west to the Sand Hills, the Old Road leads south to Deven Ride and the North Road runs through Watch Hill to Taren Ferry. From Emond's Field, the Winespring Water runs east into the Waterwood which eventually becomes a boggy area simply known as the Mire.
Folks who live on farms or whose village is not known.
References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In The Eye of the World
- TEotW,Earlier - There are five times in the year when everyone gathers: Bel Tine, the shearing of the sheep, the merchants' visits to buy wool and tabac, and Foolday.
- TEotW,Ch40 - After meeting Rand, Gawyn tells Elayne that she should choose her husband from the Two Rivers.
- TEotW,Ch40 - The Two Rivers is officially part of Andor, but has not seen a tax collector in six generations or a Queen's Guard in seven.
- TEotW,Ch40 - Queen Morgase remembers hearing Two Rivers speech when she was young.
- In The Dragon Reborn
- In The Shadow Rising
- TSR,Ch1 - Whitecloaks led by Dain Bornhald and Ordeith prepare to enter the Two Rivers.
- TSR,Ch13 - Mat and Perrin hear rumors that Whitecloaks invaded the Two Rivers in search of the Dragon Reborn and a yellow eyed Darkfriend. Perrin will go home to deal with them.
- TSR,Ch14 - Perrin tells Berelain he is leaving for the Two Rivers.
- TSR,Ch16 - Loial agrees to take Perrin and Faile to the Two Rivers via the Ways and the Manetheren Waygate.
- TSR,Ch37 - The Aiel have a taste for Two Rivers tabac.
- TSR,Ch50 - Rand dreams he is swimming in the Waterwood with Min and Elayne. Aviendha is on the bank. They are interrupted by Lanfear.
- TSR,Ch56 - The people of the Two Rivers unite in the defense of Emond's Field and declare Perrin Goldeneyes their leader.
- In The Fires of Heaven
- In Lord of Chaos
- LoC,Ch28 - Fain knows there are several Two Rivers girls staying at Culain's Hound in Caemlyn, but he does not think Rand cares enough about them that they should warrant his attention.
- LoC,Ch33 - Rand tells Mat about Verin and Alanna being in Caemlyn with Bodewhin and the rest of the Two Rivers girls.
- LoC,Ch45 - Perrin and the Two Rivers men arrive in Caemlyn.
- LoC,Ch49 - Berenicia, Demira, Kairen and Valinde leave Caemlyn with the Two Rivers girls to take them to Salidar.
- LoC,Ch53 - Perrin thinks the Two Rivers men are probably only half way from Caemlyn to Cairhien.
- LoC,Ch54 - Perrin and his party join with the Aes Sedai and Two Rivers men on the way to rescue Rand.
- LoC,Ch55 - The Two Rivers men led by Dannil participate in the battle at Dumai's Wells.
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- In Knife of Dreams
- KoD,Ch4 - Perrin makes a deal with General Tylee Khirgan that he will renounce his efforts to reestablish Manetheren in the Two Rivers if she will help him free Faile.
- KoD,Ch6 - Black yew grows only in the Two Rivers. It has an unusual crisscross grain that gives it exceptional strength and makes the Two Rivers longbow possible.
- KoD,Ch29 - Tam al'Thor leads a few thousand more Two Rivers men via gateway to help Perrin in the battle of Malden.
- In Towers of Midnight
- In A Memory of Light
More Category Geography